Thursday, June 7, 2012

Rosemary Sage Chicken

Rosemary Sage Chicken (kabobs)


This is about as complicated as I get.  It is so tasty, I can't resist.  One could decide to make these into kabobs.  I make a few changes to cook it in packet dinners.  I also make these at home all the time.


1.  Put all the non-sauce ingredients (tomatoes, chicken, peppers, etc) in a large folded packet.  Spread the chicken out so it isn't clumped together.  This improves cooking. 
2.  Make the marinade and pour it inside the packet. 
3.  Seal the packet, place in zip lock bag, and freeze it. 

When I made these for our last camping trip, the chicken was not thawed by the time I needed to cook it.  It was taking forever to cook, so another option for cooking a little quicker is to grill it.  Make and store as described above.  I will then cover the fire pit grill with foil, rotate it over the fire, and dump the packet out on the grill to cook.  This requires a little more attention, but is also tasty.  As always, check the chicken for doneness before eating.     

No comments:

Post a Comment